Fundamentals of Imago Facilitation: The First Class of the online Imago Professional Facilitator Program
This course may stand alone or be taken as a pre-requisite for the certification program.
This course meets weekly online each Monday
DATES: (Weekly): September 18-November 6 (Skip September 9th)
TIME: 12 - 3 p.m. Eastern (New York) time
21 hours real time participation +
8 hours of videos and offline preparation
Fundamentals of Imago Facilitation is the first class of the Imago Professional Facilitator training. This class presents some basic concepts of relational competence, including presence, safety and connection. Participants learn and practice the elements of the Imago Dialogue process and how to apply these in various settings with others who are not familiar with this amazingly effective way of communicating. An understanding of basic human developmental needs and areas of functioning guides the Facilitator in their way of being. A clear model of current and desired functioning helps Facilitators conceptualize issues that clients may present with, and to help them move towards new possibilities. Relational ethics and working with diversity are also addressed.
$690 for Fundamentals Course
$4,600 for Full Certification Program
INSTRUCTORS:Dr. Wendy Palmer Patterson, Sophie Slade, Kobus Van Der Merwe, John Mortensen
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS:firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration InstructionsRegister at https://www.imagotraining.info/pft You will be directed to PayPal for payment. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Learn the fundamental professional skills to facilitate conversations with two or more adults in order to progress the communication in productive ways. Learn how to increase collaboration and resolve the polarization of ideas in working with both individuals and two or more people in dyads, groups, small businesses, and organizations as a whole.
- This training increases your own capacity to be present, to connect and communicate so you can facilitate empathic understanding and connection between others. Unresolved conflict reduces safety and increases defensiveness. Imago Facilitation decreases defensiveness and increases safety, motivation, creativity and productivity.
- Learn to use presence, pacing and understanding of the dynamic cycle underlying the core struggles between the maximizer and minimizer strategies. We will explore the attachment and developmental lens to understand the needs and emotions driving polarized positions.
- Experience the Imago strength-based (zero negativity) feedback process and learn to use it in your work.
Is This Training For Me?
- Yes if you lead a businesses that wants to move to a more horizontal way of making decisions.
- You are manager who wants a different way to motivate their teams using a growth mindset.
- You are a professional attorney, teacher, doctor, nurse, consultant, clergy member, or therapist who desires to deepen the meaningfulness of their work or transition into a new vision for your professional life.
- You dream of coaching others to live an inspired, relational life.
- You want to offer people communication skills in relating to each other’s differences in a nonviolent manner.
- You desire to learn how to facilitate paradigm shifts in another person, groups of people, or an organizational culture.
This facilitation and leadership development program consists 128-course hours, training formats may vary in how these hours are delivered. Taught in modules, this format is designed with several months in between to enable professionals to implement their new skills, apply them as appropriate in their professional domain, and prepare recordings of their meetings.
In addition, six consultation practicums support the professional in crafting and implementing their final project required for certification.
A strength-based process is used to support the emerging facilitator skills, a process similar to the one you will learn to use with individuals, dyads, groups and organizations.
An Imago Workshop is a Pre-Req for this Certification Program: Getting the Love You Want for Couples or Keeping The Love You Find for Individuals.
After this training, participants will learn:
- Facilitation skills to help individuals, dyads, and groups build integration and find a cohesive way of relating without losing their unique individual perspectives or strengths.
- A proven model of communication that builds trust, teamwork, creativity, motivation, and belonging for yourself and to teach others.
- How to manage conflict in situations in a structured way that allows for the individuals to communicate their ideas while still maintaining safety.
- Skills to foster connection between others that you can continue to use long after the program ends.
The Imago Professional Facilitator Program
- Step One: Learn the core Imago Communication and Facilitation skills
- Step Two: Incubate the application of these skills with your project idea in a small group of colleagues
- Step Three: Implement your idea and new skills in a meeting you facilitate with a particular population or in a specific setting
- Step Four: Get specialized training in different arenas to enhance your project ideas (individuals, groups, organizations, dyads, families, etc..)
- Step 5: Share your facilitation of different meetings and receive strength-based feedback to enhance and deepen your learning
- Step 6: Share your final project for Certification!
This is a great example of one facilitator’s project: https://youtu.be/0vto1hrordU
Dr. Wendy Palmer Patterson
Kobus Van Der Merwe