MODULE 1 - Introduction to Imago
Thursdays, 1:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern
September 7, 14, 21, 28 and October 5, 12, 19, 26
November 30, December 7, 14, 21 and January 4, 11, 18, 25, 2023
March 7, 14, 21, 28 and April 4, 11, 18, 25, 2024
This course will enable you to experience, for yourself, the powerful intervention of the Imago Dialogue in couples therapy and provide you with a taste of the power of the "space between" in the couple dyad. You will practice and experience using Imago skills and begin to see the effectiveness of this intervention and understand why it is so powerful and impactful.
Module 1 is divided into 8 lessons (32 hours) of a hybrid course and is an overview of the fundamental foundational theory upon which assumptions and ideas of Imago Relationship Therapy are built. Participants will explore and practice the application of the material in their clinical settings and with one another. Clinical skills include: Imago Workup, Imago Dialogue, Creating Safety, Deepening Empathy and Connection, Providing Feedback, Identifying Growth Edges, Appreciation Dialogue, Re-imaging and Re-visioning. !
This hybrid course of both self-paced learning and live, online class is designed to introduce mental health professionals to the theoretical foundations and clinical applications of Imago Relationship Therapy, a powerful and effective approach to couples therapy and counseling.
INSTRUCTORS:Eugene Shelly, Nedra Fetterman, Tannenbaum Herb, Kobus Van Der Merwe
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS:email@example.com
Registration InstructionsRegistration and more info: https://bit.ly/ICTModule1
Early Bird Pricing - $790 (if registered more than 2 weeks prior to the start of the session)
32 total CEs - $40 (available for purchase after registration).
Learn Imago therapy:
- Learn the basic Imago skills to facilitate conversations with couples in order to reduce conflict and increase connection and safety.
- Learn the four meta-theories that provide insight into the conflict which can arise in long term romantic relationships and committed partnerships.
- Learn and experience the Imago feedback supervision process
The clinical training consists of three modules of 32-course hours each, although faculty offer four modules, and online training formats may vary. The modules are scheduled with several months in between to enable trainees to practice with clients and prepare recordings of practice sessions. *Course delivery hours may vary according to Instructor or Country.
- Learn the Imago dialogue skills and processes that create connection, safety, and transformation in intimate, committed relationships.
- Learn the four key theories or lenses to view couples that provide insight into attraction, conflict, and change in relational dynamics
- This training will help you as a therapist gain practical clinical skills so you know what to DO in challenging moments
- Experience Imago’s safe strength-based supervision process to increase your clinical compentency and confidence in working with couples
- Learn about your own family and romantic relationship dynamics and apply what you are learning to your experiences
Kobus Van Der Merwe